Philippe Attie (b. 1986) is a contemporary realist artist, living and working in Florida. Born in Seguin, Haiti, his start in the world of art came when he was just 12 years old and began teaching himself how to paint. By the time he was 16, he gained an apprenticeship with renowned artists, Ralph Allen, and later on, Richard Barbot. Under their direction, Philippe's passion grew even stronger as his knowledge of acrylic and oil colors increased. In 2005, his realistic art pieces were featured at the Haitian Museum Of Art in Champs-de-Mars, Haiti. Along with this, his work has been displayed in the European Museum Of Modern Art in Barcelona, Spain, Salmagundi Club and Rehs Contemporary Galleries in New York. Following these prestigious museums, the Canadian Le Balcon d'Art, Montréal and California's Sotheby's Auction House, have also featured his work for art lovers from all around the world. Today, Philippe continues to practice his passion. Improving his technique daily, his ability to bring ideas and view points to life have earned him achievements such as being a Salon finalist with the Art Renewal Center from 2013 to 2018. From the same competition, he has also earned the Rehs Award (2015), an honorable mention and the Purchase Award (2018), a FWSD Award (2019).
Philippe Attie’s work is defined by the relationship between the realistic figure and the ground of gestural abstraction. Working primarily with acrylic and oil on canvas, his subjects are meticulously depicted in states of contemplation and repose, and enveloped by a psychological atmosphere built up by transparent layers of soft color and hints of expressionist forms. It is an intuitive portrayal of the emotions, sensuality, or wisdom of the figure, striving to capture facets of the human soul. The work is infused with lightness, both in the technical luminosity of the pieces and what it evokes in both subject and viewer. These intimate scenes create a meditative sense of calm, revealing not just who these people are, but who Attie may be as his keen sense of observation hints at the human behind the hand.
• Art Renewal Center "FWSD award" – 2018-2019
• Art Renewal Center "Salon finalist" – 2018-2019
• Art Renewal Center "Purchase award"-2017-2018
• Art Renewal Center Salon "honorable mention"-2017-2018
• Art Renewal Center "Salon finalist" - 2017-2018
• Art Renewal Center "Salon finalist" - 2016-2017
• Art Renewal Center "Rehs Award" – 2014-2015
• Art Renewal Center "Salon finalist" – 2014-2015
• Art Renewal Center "Salon finalist" – 2013-2014
•Sotheby's Auction House,14th ARC International Salon. New York, USA (July 2019)• (MEAM)European
• Museum Of Modern Art, 14th ARC International Salon . Barcelona, Spain (December 2019)
• Haitian Heritage Museum, Haiti à la mode. Miami, USA ( December 2019)
•Embassy of Haiti, Diaspora expressions expo. Washington DC, USA ( August 2019)
• (MEAM)European Museum Of Modern Art, 13th ARC International Salon . Barcelona, Spain (february 2019)
•Sotheby's Auction House,13th ARC International Salon. Los angeles, USA (December 2018)
• Salmagundi club,13th ARC International Salon. New York, USA (September 2018)
• Le Balcon d'Art, Exposition Haïti-Québec Solidaire. Montréal, Canada ( December 2017)
• Rehs Contemporary Galleries, ARC Select 2016. New York, USA (December 2016)
• Salmagundi Club,11th ARC International Salon.New York, USA (January 2016)
• (MEAM)European Museum Of Modern Art,11th ARC International Salon . Barcelona, Spain (November 2015)
• Best Western. Pétion-ville, Haiti (December 2014)
• 2nd Annual Downtown Art Days at McCormick place. Miami, USA (September 2013)
• Miami Convention Center. Miami, USA (February 2013)
• Brasillero. Pétionville, Haiti (December 2011)
• Festival Art. Pétionville, Haiti (January 2008)
• Orphelinat St-Joseph Home for boys. Delmas, Haiti (January 2008)
• Le Montcel. Kenscoff, Haiti (December 2007)
• Les jardins de Gerard. Pétionville, Haiti (December 2007)
• Divine Trash. Miami, USA (December 2006)
• Carrier Art Collection. Pétionville, Haiti (May 2006)
• Orphelinat St-Joseph Home for Boys. Delmas, Haiti (January 2006)
• Haitian Museum Of Art. Champs-de-Mars, Haiti (May 2005)
• Orphelinat St-Joseph Home for boys. Delmas, Haiti (January 2004)
• Complex Marabou. Pétionville, Haiti (December 2003)
• Carrier Art Collection. Pétionville, Haiti (December 2003)
• Clic 123. Pétionville, Haiti (July 2000)
• Art Renewal Center Salon 2017-2018
• Arte Y Libertad XI. 2017
• John O'Hern.<<Dedicated to their craft>>. American Art Collector.(October 2016. issue 132)
• Milene Fernandez. << Preview of Rehs Galleries Inaugural ‘ARC Select’ Art Exhibition>>. Epoch Times (18 October 2016)
• Art Renewal Center Salon 2014-2015
• Art Renewal Center salon 2013-2014
• Jean Emmanuel Jaquet. << Philippe Attie et Thierry Barthole: L'entente secrete >>. Le
nouvelliste (12 December 2014)
• Patrice-Manuel Lerebours.<< Les couleurs de l'ame>>. Le nouvelliste (05 December
• Weber Lahens. <<Redéfinir les couleurs de l'âme>>. Le nouvelliste (05 December 2014)
• Webert Lahens. << Nus à coeur nu : L’atelier de Ralph Allen et une invitée. Le nouvelliste(15 November 2011).
• Patrice Lerebours. <<Philippe Attié, Une passion débordante.Le Nouvelliste (23 April
• Jean Antoine Arisma. << La nuit des centenaires>>. Le nouvelliste (14 septembre 2009)
• Léopold Ciné. « Philippe Attié jeune peintre a découvert ». Panoramag Vues d’Haïti
(December January 2008) #17.
• Amos Cincir. « Le temps, paroles à dire de Marie-Alice Théard ». Le Nouvelliste (7
• Claude Bernard Sérant. « Montcel, une belle expérience ». Le Nouvelliste (17 December 2007).
• Bien-Cher Louis- Pierre. « Toute la diversité de l’art à le Montcel ». Ticket Magazine
(20 December 2007).
• Webert Lahens. « Ralph Allen déballe son atelier ». Le Nouvelliste (30 November 2007).
• « Kathy, Attié et Lemoine le plaisir de peindre ». Le Nouvelliste (29 May 2006).
• Gary Augustin. « Voir le corps à Carrié Collection ». Le Matin (23 May 2006)
• César C. Yves. «Vernissage de l’exposition « Tendance de la jeune peinture haïtienne »
au Musée d’Art Haïtien ». Le Nouvelliste (17 June 2005).
• Mural on Ramat Shalom Synagogue's wall (August 2014)
• Painting on ornaments for the «Rock Star » collection in collaboration with artist Natalie Sarabella
• Participation in the decoration of the carnival float « LA DIASPORA, PONT ENTRE
LA TRADITION ET LA MODERNITE »for the Ministry Of Haitian Living Abroad